Thank you for your prayers over the past month. Here are are couple of highlights:
This week I spent four days in Kobe at the 6th Japan Congress on Evangelism — a huge gathering of around 2000 pastors, missionaries and church leaders from various denominations and organizations gathered for learning, networking and encouragement. It was definitely a challenging and encouraging time for me, and it was great to see the unity represented there. So much potential!
Earlier in the month, at our English Cafe event, our conversation took a deeper turn than usual. Usually this event isn’t overtly spiritual, but more of a way to build relationships with students and give them a chance to practice their English. But the discussion questions I’d prepared this time naturally led in a spiritual direction, and and I even got to share the Gospel with the group.
Looking ahead, here are some things to pray with me about in the coming weeks:
- The Church in Japan – for unity & cooperation
- My English students (mostly non-Christians)
- English Cafe – 10/7
- Leading worship at prayer meeting – 10/12
- English Bible study – 10/16
- Another art exhibit I’m taking part in during the last 2 weeks of October.
- Wisdom & direction as I look to start some new ministries in the near future — news soon, I hope!
Again, thank you for your continuing prayers and support for the mission, the Church and Japan! Have a great October!