Compared to December, January was a pretty quiet month for me. I got back into my regular English teaching schedule, took part in some church events, and led worship a couple of times.
One highlight this month was our church’s mochi-tsuki event. Mochi is a sticky rice cake made by pounding freshly-cooked rice with a big mallet (as in the photo above). After this it gets flavoured with different things to make tasty snacks. At our mochi-making event this past Sunday, we had well over 50 people take part, including lots of kids from my English classes, along with their families and friends. It’s great seeing our church connect with the community. Let’s pray for these connections to grow stronger and for people to become more open to Jesus.
Here are some other things you can be praying for this month:
- English Cafe this Friday, 2/5
- Leading worship at prayer meeting, 2/10
- My English Bible study, 2/21
- Also pray for Denise, a friend who leads another English Bible study at my church. They’re meeting on 2/11 & 2/25.
- Lastly, I need to be away for about 3 weeks this summer, and I’ve got all my English classes covered except one. Please pray that we can find someone to teach in my absence.
Thank you as always for your prayers and support!
PS — In case you missed it, here’s a link to the newsletter I sent out last month: