Drawbridge Creations is finally officially launching our online manga outreach ministry! Praise the Lord.
Our first project, Waypoints, is now online, having just gone live this past Friday. Check out waypoints.jp to read our first story, “Not Alone.”
Thank you for your interest, prayers and support!
Please pray for us as we try to get lots of little things (and a couple of big ones) done before the deadline. In case you missed it, you can read our summer newsletter HERE to learn more about this project.
Meanwhile, the Olympics are going on in Tokyo, but Covid cases are on the rise. Please pray for Japan during these challenging days.
Thank you again for your partnership with our ministry through your prayers and giving!
– Robin and Yoko
PS: A message for our Canadian supporters:
A Word from National Superintendent Steve Elliott: The National office of The Wesleyan Church of Canada has been working in close partnership with Global Partners and our two district offices to find ways to get donor financial support to our missionaries and missions projects in a more timely manner. Historically, it has taken between 2 to 3 months for a donation made at a local church to find its way through our systems before getting to the front-line missionary or missions project. Our National Superintendent, Dr. Elliott, recently sent out the attached letter to donors, sharing with them how they can get their support to the missionaries much faster. If you are a financial supporter of our GP missionaries and missions projects, kindly consider using these new financial giving options. CLICK on these bullet points for detailed information:
Summer is here, and that means it’s time for our latest newsletter. Please follow this link to view or download the PDF:
Thank you for your partnership!
1. We took a week’s staycation, which included an afternoon in the mountains, as seen in the photo above.
2. On May 30, our visit to Immanuel Kanazawa Church ended up being online rather than in person. This meant pre-recording our music and message last week and sending the video to the pastor there. It was a lot of work to get it all together in time, but we’re thankful God could use us in this way, even while the church is not meeting. Being the week after Pentecost, we encouraged the church to pray and seek God for a spiritual revival and awakening in Japan.
3. We are continuing to make good progress moving ahead with Drawbridge Creations, as we work with four different artists to produce stories for our first online manga series… which we’ve finally chosen a name for! Introducing…
June Prayer Points:
1. Please pray that God will give us the wisdom and strength we need as we continue to work toward launching this online ministry platform.
2. Please pray for God to supply our Drawbridge Creations start-up fund (more info here).
3. Pray for us as we take part in the Global Partners Asia-Pacific online conference, June 17-18.
4. Please pray, too, for revival in the Japanese Church, and for an awakening to the Gospel in Japan.
Thank you as always for your partnership and prayers!
Thank you for your continuing prayers! Here’s a quick update for May:
1. Last week we celebrated our second wedding anniversary. We took the day off and spent some time outside, as you can see in the photo above.
2. We’ve recently started attending Komatsu Immanuel Church. Please pray for us as we get to know our new church family.
3. We are scheduled to minister at Kanazawa Immanuel Church on May 30. Because of the recent rise in Covid cases, this church has not been meeting in person, but they are hoping to be by then. Please pray for us as we prepare to either do something online or in person with them.
4. Things are really starting to move as we work toward launching our first online manga series at Drawbridge Creationsthis summer. Check out our latest Drawbridge Dispatch for more!
5. And just in you missed it, please check out our spring newsletter HERE for more about our life and ministry in Japan in the first few months of 2021.
Thank you again for your partnership!
Hope you had a happy Easter! Spring is here, so it’s time for our latest newsletter. Please follow the link below for the PDF. Find out how we spent Easter and what’s new with Drawbridge Creations.
Thank you for your prayers over the past month. Here is a quick update:
1. Drawbridge Creations — Things are moving forward as we prepare to launch this new creative outreach ministry. For details, check out the latest Drawbridge Dispatch newsletter HERE, and let us know if you’d like to subscribe to that mailing list.
2. The Japanese Church — Our partner denomination in Japan, Immanuel General Mission, held their General Conference recently (online) and have elected new leaders. Their Annual Conference, which is a larger gather for all the pastors and leaders, when pastors receive their new assignments, is happening on March 25 (also online). Please pray for the Japanese church during these challenging times!
3. Japan — As you may have heard, in February a large earthquake struck northeastern Japan, the same area hit by the 3/11 disaster ten years ago. Fortunately there was no tsunami this time so the death toll has been low, but as you can imagine it is a difficult time for those in the affected area. Meanwhile, Japan is still dealing with COVID-19 and vaccinations are just beginning. Please pray for Japan!
Thank you again for your prayers and partnership!
Hope you all had a merry Christmas and a happy New Year. Thank you for your partnership with us for Jesus and Japan!
It’s time for our latest newsletter, so please follow this link to read, download or print:
Robin (& Yoko)
As mentioned in our previous prayer letter, we are relocating to Ishikawa Prefecture as we begin a new missionary term here in Japan. Since then we’ve found an apartment in Hakusan City and have started to get moved in. Of course, most of our stuff has been in storage in Nagoya since last summer when we returned to Canada. So this past week we paid a visit to Nagoya.
Visiting Nagoya gave us a good opportunity to catch up with people there, and to finally see the new building in person. We were encouraged to see how God has been working at Immanuel Nagoya Church, not only through their building project, but also in that even in a year when they can’t do outreach events due to Covid, new people are connecting with the church and coming to faith in Christ. In fact, this Sunday while we were there, they held their first baptism in the new building!
Praise God that He’s not limited by the things the challenges we’re facing in 2020, and that He’s still at work in Japan and around the world!
Thank you for being a part of what God is doing here in Japan through your prayers and giving!
End of year giving:
If you’re looking to do some end of year giving, we’d really appreciate you remembering the mission here in Japan! If you’ve been unable to make an ongoing commitment, but would like to make a one-time donation (or if you’re already a partner but would like to give an extra gift) please consider giving to our Drawbridge Creations start-up fund. Click HERE for more info or to give online.
Thank you again for your partnership! We pray that no matter what you’re going through in this challenging year, you will experience God’s blessings this Christmas season.
Robin (and Yoko)