I hope you’re all doing well in this strange season we all find ourselves in. Spring has arrived, so it’s time for our quarterly newsletter. Please follow this link to view/download:
– Robin and Yoko
Thank you for your prayers over the past month! Yoko is safely back in Canada after her brief visit to Japan, and Partnership Development is progressing. Here are some updates and prayer points for this month:
1. Financial Partnerships: We had a goal of reaching 60% of our total Faith Promise need in February. According to our official info from Global Partners, we are currently sitting at 58%. However, I know of a few commitments that are still being processed, so I think we might actually be at 60% once they’re on record with GP. Please pray with us that we will continue to gain momentum, and that we can reach at least 70% in March.
2. Upcoming Travels and Ministries: March and early April are going to be super busy, with several days at Kingswood University, followed by 2+ weeks travelling in Ontario. Please pray for protection, fruitful ministry, good connections and new partnerships. For more details on when we’ll be where, check out our calendar HERE.
3. Survey: Thanks again to those who filled out our survey. If you still haven’t filled it out, please do so soon (click HERE) as we’ll be closing it down next week.
4. Meanwhile, in Japan: As you’ve no doubt seen, Japan is in the news due to the spread of the COVID-19 coronavirus. While not in a state of emergency, the government has closed schools for the next few weeks and is urging people to take precautions. This is affecting the church world, too, and events are being cancelled or postponed. Our partner denomination, the Immanuel Church, has postponed this month’s Annual Conference until June. Please pray for the Japanese Church during these uncertain times.
Thanks again for your prayers! We’re glad to have you on our team!
– Robin (& Yoko)
I hope you had a great January! Here are some updates and prayer points:
1. Survey — Thank you to all of you who have already filled this out. If you haven’t yet, we’d appreciate it if you would; just click HERE. Yoko is following up on these, so you should hear from her soon. If you don’t hear from her in the next week or so, please check your junk mail folder.
2. Partnership Development — We’re thankful for safe travel, even through winter weather, and for the good conversations, hospitality and generosity we’ve encountered along the way. Please pray for our continuing travels and ministry, and for God to provide the new financial partnerships we need.
3. Financial Update — Thank you to those who have expressed concern about our financial situation after our unexpected trip to Japan in the Fall. We are doing fine, personally, but are behind on building our missionary support team. We’re still at around 53-54% of our Faith Promise goal. While we appreciate every gift, our current need is this ongoing support. If you’re planning to give, please let us know how much and how often you intend to give. Knowing your intentions ahead of time helps GP know we’ll be covered, and we need 100% committed before we can return to the mission field.
4. Yoko’s Travels — As most of you know, Yoko’s father passed away back in November. She will be taking another short trip to Japan this month to take care of some family business. Please pray for her health and safety, and for her time with her family.
As always, thank you for your prayer and financial support! Yoko and I appreciate your partnership with us and our mission to Japan!
– Robin (& Yoko)