I hope you had a great January! Here are some updates and prayer points:
1. Survey — Thank you to all of you who have already filled this out. If you haven’t yet, we’d appreciate it if you would; just click HERE. Yoko is following up on these, so you should hear from her soon. If you don’t hear from her in the next week or so, please check your junk mail folder.
2. Partnership Development — We’re thankful for safe travel, even through winter weather, and for the good conversations, hospitality and generosity we’ve encountered along the way. Please pray for our continuing travels and ministry, and for God to provide the new financial partnerships we need.
3. Financial Update — Thank you to those who have expressed concern about our financial situation after our unexpected trip to Japan in the Fall. We are doing fine, personally, but are behind on building our missionary support team. We’re still at around 53-54% of our Faith Promise goal. While we appreciate every gift, our current need is this ongoing support. If you’re planning to give, please let us know how much and how often you intend to give. Knowing your intentions ahead of time helps GP know we’ll be covered, and we need 100% committed before we can return to the mission field.
4. Yoko’s Travels — As most of you know, Yoko’s father passed away back in November. She will be taking another short trip to Japan this month to take care of some family business. Please pray for her health and safety, and for her time with her family.
As always, thank you for your prayer and financial support! Yoko and I appreciate your partnership with us and our mission to Japan!
– Robin (& Yoko)
Happy New Year, everyone! It’s time for our first newsletter of 2020, so please click the link below to read and download the PDF:
Thank you for praying!
– Robin and Yoko
As most of you already know, Yoko and I had an unexpected interruption to our Partnership Development travels, due to the sudden illness and passing of Yoko’s father. After 2+ weeks in Japan, we’re now safely back in Canada. We really appreciate all of the encouraging emails and messages many of you sent — too many to respond to! — and your prayers during this difficult time. Thank you!
Please continue to pray for Yoko and her family as they deal with this loss, and for Yoko and I as we get back into the swing of things here in Canada.
This past weekend we visited Amherst, Nova Scotia for a missions weekend at the Wesleyan Church there. We have one more church visit scheduled this year, this coming Sunday at Port Maitland, NS. Please pray for this last ministry trip of the year and for our continuing Partnership Development efforts.
As you can imagine, this unexpected interruption has put us behind on some things. Not only do we need to reschedule some church visits, but our support fund is not where we’d hoped to would be by now. If you are thinking about making a Faith Promise, please go HERE for more information or directly HERE to sign up.
Again, thank you all for your partnership in our mission in Japan through your prayers and giving! We are grateful to have you on our team!
– Robin (and Yoko)
I hope you’re enjoying autumn so far! Yes, I know it’s not November yet, but we’ll be on the road this week and I wanted to get this written and out there ahead of time.
Autumn has become a busy season for Yoko and I. Yoko is enjoying her first Canadian Fall, and I’m enjoying introducing her to friends and partners here. We’ve both enjoyed connecting with our partner churches and sharing about the mission in Japan. Here are some highlights from October…
1. Visiting both of my home churches: Journey Wesleyan in Fredericton (where I grew up; see photo above) and Brown’s Flat Wesleyan Fellowship at Beulah Camp (which we currently call home).
2. Thanksgiving with my family at Beulah Camp.
3. A weekend in Newfoundland, where we connected with Solid Rock Wesleyan, and got to engage with them by visiting their youth group on Friday night, speaking at a men’s breakfast (just me in that case) Saturday morning, taking part in an international dinner Saturday night (cooking, speaking and singing) and doing a full presentation in the morning service Sunday morning. We also enjoyed a few sights along they way…
Yoko and I would really appreciate your prayers this week and throughout November. Here are some specifics you can pray for:
1. Please pray for us as we travel to (and through) Ontario over the next 3+ weeks. Please pray for safe travel and strength for the many ministries and meetings we’ll be having.
2. Since she’s not employed by GP and we’re not here long-term, Yoko is currently in Canada as a visitor, which only allows her six months’ stay. Please pray for favour as we apply to extend Yoko’s visitor visa to Canada, so that she can continue to accompany me for the rest of this Partnership Development term.
3. As I mentioned in last month’s newsletter, our church in Nagoya has just moved into their new building! They will be having their official building dedication this Saturday (11/2). Please continue to pray for Nagoya Immanuel Church.
4. As many of you probably saw on the news, Japan was hit by a major typhoon recently. Please pray for those affected and for the recovery efforts. Visit CRASH Japan’s website for more information on how the Christian community is responding and how you can help.
5. Lastly, please pray about our financial partnership needs. We were hoping to be at 50% by the end of October, but, while we’re close, it hasn’t happened yet. Pray for new connections and partnerships. If you’re not a financial partner yourself, we’d certainly appreciate it if you’d consider becoming one. Please visit THIS LINK for more information.
Thank you for your partnership in prayer!
– Robin (and Yoko)