I hope you had a good Easter weekend celebrating the Resurrection of Jesus and the new life we have in Him. In Nagoya we celebrated with the baptism of a man who recently became a Christian at our church. It’s always encouraging to see signs of new life in Japan!
Spring is transition season in Japan, as it’s the start of the school year, company year and even church year. This year, the Immanuel Church chose their new daihyo (president or national superintendent), and my pastor Masarua Uchiyama (pictured above with his wife Noriko and me) was elected. He will continue on as our lead pastor while taking on this important new role; please pray for him, especially during this transition time.
Here are some other things to be praying about over the next month:
- Pray for my church as important decisions are being made about our building project.
- This Friday, 4/6, is our monthly English Cafe.
- On 4/11, I’m leading worship at our church prayer meeting.
- English Bible studies on 4/12 and 4/22 — some really good conversations and signs of openness lately. Pray for God to use these times.
- Pray for the strength and wisdom I need as I balance my weekly English teaching and other responsibilities with prepping for another busy summer and planning for what’s next.
As always, thank you so much for your investment in our mission in Japan!